Trafalgar is the key to unlocking unforgettable experiences.
Trafalgar is the key to unlocking unforgettable experiences. For more than 60 years, Trafalgar has developed perfectly designed travel experiences and memories. With their vast knowledge and expertise, Trafalgar ensures you will see everything you want and expect, committing to providing you with the vacation of a lifetime. They are always improving and refining tours by taking into consideration the comments and suggestions of past guests. There are so many reasons to travel with Trafalgar. They provide incredible value. You can save up to 30% on cost of traveling on your own with their highly-inclusive packages and they promise no hidden charges, so you know the cost of your vacation before you travel. The people at Trafalgar make the difference with their professional and expert tour directors that will guide you every step of the way and add value to your vacation, while at the same time taking the hassles off your hands. Offering over 200 worldwide itineraries and touring styles, you will be sure to find something that is perfect for you and that you will love. And Trafalgar is proud to provide vacations people love, with 98% of past travelers saying that they will recommend Trafalgar to their friends and family.
With just the right balance of included sightseeing and time for your own personal discoveries, Trafalgar has perfected the art of touring, providing expertly-designed vacations for their travelers. Travel with Trafalgar and see all the destinations you have always imagined visiting. It's easy...all you have to do is choose an itinerary, a date, then, Dream. Pack. And leave...the rest to them.
The history of Trafalgar Tours began in 1947 when former army intelligence officer, Bill Nunn, started Industrial Recreational Services (IRS), which was the name Trafalgar Tours was known by for the first 12 years of its existence. The company was set up to organize group travel and entertainment for the industry and in 1949 moved offices to Trafalgar Square in London, ultimately giving the company its current name which was changed in 1959. In the late 50's, as the leisure side of business gained popularity, shares were sold to the Overseas Visitors Club in London and to Mosenthal, a South African conglomerate. Strong links between Trafalgar and South Africa were made here, contributing to the success of the company today.
During the early and mid 60's, Trafalgar opened an office in Johannesburg and began to expand to even newer areas. Also, during this time, the original partners sold their shares and the company later introduced the successful concept of newspaper tours, which was based on travel offers to readers. When these newspaper tours were introduced in Australia in 1967, the market replaced South Africa as Trafalgar's most productive. Then, in the 70's, the Tollman family became involved with Trafalgar and began to take the company to new heights with their vast experience and knowledge of the travel industry. As the company grew throughout the years, new programs offered tours to a wider variety of destinations including North America, Europe, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and the Far East. Through the 60 plus years following its inception, Trafalgar has become a world leader in travel by continually adapting to bring their guests better touring experiences.
- >Trafalgar has more than 60 years of expertise and knowledge in organizing wonderfully unforgettable touring vacations
- Trafalgar is a world favorite for great-value escorted tours
- You have many choices with Trafalgar, offering over 200 worldwide itineraries
- Enjoy hassle-free vacations minus the worries of car rental or accommodations
- Trafalgar has the finest Tour Directors in the industry that will help make the most of every moment
- You will only stay in quality hotels that are carefully chosen and monitored by Trafalgar's Quality Control team
- Your travel only in modern and comfortable coaches
- Any ships or trains you may travel in with Trafalgar will also be of the same high standard
- Trafalgar will share some amazing hidden treasures with you
- Authentic cultural experiences are yours to enjoy
- Trafalgar offers culinary treats and local gastronomic delights
- Experience all the 'must-see' attractions while avoiding long lines
- Trafalgar offers excellent special offers and discount
- There are always Last Minute Deals with Trafalgar so keep your eye out
- With Trafalgar's 98% satisfaction rating from past guests, many return year after year
A top priority for Trafalgar is protecting both the environment and the people and places they visit. They want to ensure these places are still remaining for future generations to enjoy. Trafalgar is committed to making sure that they minimize the environmental impact of their operations all around the world and they believe that we can truly make a difference if we work together.
No matter what way you travel, by car, plane, train or coach, fossil fuels are being burned and contributing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Although there are many ways to travel while on vacation, by choosing a Trafalgar escorted tour, you are selecting one of the most environmentally friendly ways to go. Compared to many various forms of transport, coach transport emits significantly less carbon dioxide and with carbon dioxide being one of the main causes of global warming, it is always good to know that traveling with an escorted tour vacation is a better way to travel.
With constant improvements to technology, new engines offer greater fuel efficiency while at the same time emitting less pollutants. The motor coach fleet at Trafalgar is continually upgraded and they are proud to have one of the best in Europe. By introducing recycling, energy reduction and waste minimization projects in addition to supporting local community projects, Trafalgar is reducing their carbon footprint and the environmental impact of their offices. The staff at Trafalgar is also encouraged to spend two working days per year volunteering for charitable projects and are very proud to be making a difference.
Explore places. Capture the moments. Connect with your dream destinations!
Details for Trafalgar's 2012 In Focus Photography Vacations are being finalized. Check back soon for more details.
Custom-designed for photography enthusiasts, from point-n-shooters to serious DSLR image-makers, In Focus Photography Vacations give you the chance to learn the latest techniques and tips from talented professionals, perfecting your skills as you explore the landscapes, people and cultures of some of the world’s most fascinating destinations.
Kerrick has specialized in imagery of travel for over twenty years. His work appeared on the covers of over 200 book and magazine titles, including publications such as National Geographic Adventure, Sunset, Islands, Arizona Highways, Elle Decor, Alaska Airlines, Outdoor Photographer, Sky, Las Vegas Life and Virtuoso Life.
Julie started shooting seriously just a few years ago while visiting the islands of Kuna Yala in Panama. Her work has since been on the cover of publications such as Alaska Airlines, Horizon Magazine, VIA Magazine and several travel brochures. She has also appeared in Conde Nast Traveler and Cruise & Travel Lifestyles and was featured in Popular Photography Magazine highlighting her passion for travel photography.
>Past In Focus Adventures
Costa Rica In Focus Highlights - Departed
- Photo presentations and critiques by expert photographer
- Guided rainforest walk with photo opportunities
- Be My Guest lunch with a local family near Arenal
- Trek to the Arenal volcano for a twilight photo shoot
- Santa Elena forest Sky Walk with chance to shoot from a different perspective
- Option to extend vacation in Guanacaste
Canadian Rockies In Focus Highlights - Departed
- Practice photo techniques at stunning Bow Lake
- Board an Ice Explorer for exploration of the Athabasca Glacier
- Listen to a lecture on Jasper's abundant wildlife
- Enjoy presentations on the secrets of taking better photos
- Shoot Moraine Lake in the early morning
- Explore and shoot with time at leisure in Banff
American Southwest In Focus Highlights - Departed
- Signature Las Vegas photo opportunities
- Stops along Route 66 for some iconic shooting including Hackberry General Store
- Morning 4x4 drive in Sedona on Schnebly Hill Road
- Sunrise shoot over the Grand Canyon's East Rim
- Tips and presentations by expert photographer
- Photo opportunity at Snow Canyon State Park
Yucatan Peninsula In Focus Highlights - Departed
- Three presentations with tips for better photos
- Sunset photo session at teh Mayan temples of Edzna
- Photo opportunities at a local village marketplace in Uman
- Light & Sound show with private entrance to Chichen Itza
- Be My Guest dining highlight in Merida
- Full day at Playa del Carmen all-inclusive resort
Get the insider’s view with Trafalgar
Trafalgar understands that as a photography buff, you’re always looking for that unusual angel or perspective that will create the most striking pictures. That’s where Trafalgar’s in-depth local knowledge comes in. By showing you the hidden places off the beaten path and arranging close encounters with genuine local characters, Trafalgar gives you the insider’s view that allows you to capture the most rare and magical moments on camera.
Through the expert hands of your Tour Director, Trafalgar ensures every aspect of your vacation is seamless and hassle-free. They take care of the details, so you are free to focus on each amazing destination.
Guided by your friendly, professional Tour Director, you’ll enjoy daily sightseeing and plenty of time for personal discoveries or getting that perfect image. Acclaimed photographers Kerrick James and Julie Quarry will be on hand throughout the journey, providing pointers and helpful tricks so you can capture the heart of each destination you visit.
Start your day off each morning with a wonderful breakfast and enjoy many taste-tempting local and Highlight Dinners. With most lunches on your own, you can explore the local cuisine and find your favorite spot (or your Tour Director can recommend theirs!).
First Class Accommodations
Whether you’re in the heart of the cities or in scenic country locations, you’ll stay in First Class hotels that are selected for their comfort, service and ideal locations.
Travel at its Best
You’ll travel in the latest model luxury coaches, and with large panoramic windows, you’ll get to enjoy all the scenery you’d miss if you were doing all the driving. With Trafalgar’s highly skilled Drivers to transport you in comfort and style, every journey on your itinerary will be a real pleasure.
Whatever your destination, you’ll enjoy much better value on a Trafalgar vacation than if you were to take the same trip on your own. Don’t forget the incredible added value of having two professional photographers onboard with you to teach you new shooting techniques, answer all of your questions and help you improve your photography skills.
317 Tours found from Trafalgar.
iPer Person Price Price is per-person
Length: 21 Nights
Destination: Australia/New Zealand
View Offer Details >>
Length: 18 Nights
Destination: Australia/New Zealand
View Offer Details >>